- Moving a page from provider A to B can be a fairly lengthy process – but if done correctly the process is smooth. Below are the steps on how to most easily move a website to us.
- The process includes the following steps.
- Move Website Files (FTP)
- Move database (If used)
- Move Email (If Needed)
- Configure the website so that it works on our servers.
- Change the DNS of the domain to our DNS settings.
Move website files
- There are several ways to transfer data. The most common ways are:
- Transfer via FTP by copying the website’s data locally and then importing the files to your server site with us via FTP
- 46 / 5 000 Översättningsresultat Copy and transfer files via shell/terminal.
- Our own migration tool that you can read more about via: Migrator FTP
Move the database
- The database move consists of the steps below.
- Export the contents of the database (SQL file) from your old web host.
- Create a new database with us according to the instructions in Creating databases
- Import the SQL file that you previously exported.
- It is also possible to use our migration tool for databases.
- If it isn’t possible to manually export email from another provider, you can use our own migration tool. The tool allows you to copy over an existing e-mail box to your server with us. Instructions for that process can be found at Migrate Email
Configure your website/application
- Once you have moved your site and associated database, only the configuration remains. The correction/change must be made in the configuration file used to connect to the connected database. For WP, this is done in wp-config.php for example.
- Connect a database to your CMS
- Edit the configuration file of WordPress
- Edit the configuration file associated with your Joomla
Change the DNS
- Once you have ensured that the website is moved correctly, the last step is to change the DNS records.
- If you have not changed the registrar for the domain, it is easiest to ask your current registrar to change to our name servers. Note that such a change takes between 24-48h.